The College defines some Protocols which need to be adhered to. The following rules have been laid down:
- UNIFORM: The students shall be bound to attend the college in proper uniform, which is white frock salwar, white dupatta, white socks and black shoes.
- TIMINGS: College timings will be from 10 am to 4 pm
- ATTENDANCE: Students have to ensure punctuality in attending their classes. a continuous unauthorized absence of ten days from any class shall make a student liable for discharge from the college. only those students shall be allowed to sit in the annual examination who fulfil the attendance requirements as laid down by the university of Kashmir in each subject in the academic session.
- No student or staff can leave the college premises during working hours without seeking permission from the principal.
- Students having their own means of transport are allowed to use the parking space of the college. in no case, they will take their vehicles beyond the parking area.
- Smoking or any other related activity such as consuming or possessing alcoholic drinks, dangerous drugs or other intoxicants in the college premises is strictly prohibited on the campus.
- Students are required to carry their identity cards with them. they will be allowed to enter the college only on the production of the i-card to the gatekeeper of the college.
- Indulgence in any kind of anti-social activity shall lead to the cancellation of the admission.
- The staff of the college are required to be in formal attire.
- The entry of male staff in zones earmarked for females is completely restricted.
ACTS OF INDISCIPLINE AND MISCONDUCT:
Any act of misconduct committed by a student inside the campus shall be an act of violation of discipline of the College. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provision, violations of the discipline shall include:
- Disruption of teaching, examination, administrative work, curricular or extra-curricular activity or residential life of the members of the College, including any attempt to prevent any member of the College or its staff from carrying on his or her work and any act reasonably likely to cause such disruption.
- Damaging or defacing College property or the property of members of the College or any other property inside the College campus.
- Use of abusive and derogatory slogans or intimidating language or incitement of hatred and violence or any act calculated to further the same.
- Ragging in any form. ‘Ragging’ means the action of teasing, playing a practical joke upon someone. Display of noisy, disorderly conduct, teasing excitement by rough or rude treatment or handling, including in rowdy undisciplined activities which causes or likely to cause annoyance, undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear in a fresher or asking the students to do any act or perform something which causes him/her shame or embarrassment or danger to his/her life.
- Eve-teasing or disrespectful behaviour to women or girls students.
- An assault upon, intimidation of, or insulting behaviour towards a teacher, officer, employee or student or any other person.
- Causing or colluding in the unauthorized entry of any person into the campus or in the unauthorized occupation of any portion of College premises, including hostel.
- Committing forgery, tampering with or misuse of the College documents or records, Identity cards, etc.
- Arousing communal, caste or regional feelings or creating disharmony among students.
- Not disclosing one’s identity when asked to do so by an employee or officer of the College who is authorized to ask for identity.
- Tearing of pages, defacing, burning and destroying of books of the library.
- Any offence under the law
- Committing any of the offences specified in the examination (Control of Unfair Means and Disorderly Conduct) regulations of the College.
- Improper behaviour while on tour or excursion.
- Pasting of posters or distributing pamphlets, handbills etc. of an objectionable nature or writing on walls and disfiguring buildings.
- Any other act which may be considered by the principal or the Discipline Committee to be an act of violation of discipline.