Government Degree College for Women, Pulwama was established in the year 2008 [vide Govt. Order No: 269-HE of 2007 Dated: 20-12-2007] specifically for promoting female education. The college stands recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) vide Order No. FNo.8-161/2011(CPP-I/C) Dated: 29-11-2011. The college is located at By-Pass Crossing Koil Road Dangerpora Pulwama. The college currently offers all the major streams like Science, Social Science, Humanities, Commerce and Computer Sciences. We are constantly striving to upgrade our pedagogic and infrastructural credentials to come at par with National and International standards of college education. Two new buildings housing College Library, few more classrooms and six science departments are now operational and have greatly enhanced the foot-print for teaching-learning process.
Our Core Values
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in all our academic pursuits. We are committed to innovation in our teaching and research and help wider society through our outreach.
- Ethics and Dignity: We are committed to the highest standards of honesty, fairness, respect, and professional and scholarly ethics. We value the dignity and worth of all people. We expect all of our conduct to be based on integrity, mutual respect and civility.
- Diversity: We embrace human diversity and strive to build a vibrant learning community around it. We support cultural diversity in academic pursuits as well as in inter-personal relations and work conduct.
- Women Empowerment: Our College is particularly committed towards facilitating the excellence of women in different spheres of social life.
- Collaboration and Public Engagement: We strive to build productive partnerships with all the stakeholders including government officials, universities, civil society, NGO’s and public communities. Through these partnerships, we strive to improve education and the quality of life.
- Concern for the Environment: We strive to stay informed and educated about environmental issues, being mindful of the impact that we as individuals and as a community have on the environment. We work to preserve and enhance the natural environment by ensuring green campus.
- Develop all-round personalities of the students with emphasis on humane & pluralistic values.
- Provide contemporary education through technology, inculcate entrepreneurship skills.